Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Latest Project

 The front
The back

My new favorite project. Several years ago I started cutting the fabric for this quilt trying to use up my scraps. Other projects soon became more interesting and this quilt was shelved. Finally a few months ago I pulled it back out, cut even more scraps (since my stash had since grown) and put it together. My goal was to not buy any new fabric for it (didn't happen, but close), I even used an old white sheet instead of buying more white material. It's a little disturbing to me that I had that much blue material to make the back but I love this quilt. I love that the old sheet makes it soft. I love all the colors that don't naturally go together but work when taken as a whole. I love that something I started years ago is now complete (it took a TON of time and energy and obsession - I even brought my sewing into the living room and hunched over on a stool while quilting at the coffee table just so I could sew while the kids were awake). I love the rows and rows of stars. I love that I quilted it with waves to bring the heavens down to earth. And I love that most of my points match beautifully. I LOVE sewing.

1 comment:

Skip and Emma Booren said...

Sariah, once again your talents amaze and inspire me. So cool.