Saturday, November 24, 2018

The Kids Get Baby Christmas Trees

I love the traditions that Matthew and I have incorporated from our own childhood memories, but I especially love the traditions that we have started all on our own. One of those being that the kids get to pick out their very own $5 Christmas tree that they get to put in their rooms with their decorations.

Some of the decorations they've made themselves, some they've been gifted by my mother, and some they've appropriated from the family Christmas tree.

Boy Howdy wrote a short essay about what he loves about Christmas and his baby Christmas tree is the first mention. Also noted are hot cocoa, snow, presents, looking at Christmas lights (a tradition that came from Matthew's family), hot showers, cookies (another Matthew's family tradition), and snowflakes on the ceiling (another of our own traditions). This makes me feel that even with my laziness for decorating and celebrating, maybe I haven't completely voided the kids' childhood of magic and joy.

No comments: