Friday, April 8, 2022

Early Easter Tea Party

 I love when the kids ask for something and I get to say "yes." This time they pulled me into my father's office in a very official manner to request permission to throw a fancy tea party. I of course, said "yes", and like the ingenious mother that I am suggested they hold it the following Friday when they were off school. They also had Thursday free allowing them time to prepare. The only setback for them was they were only allowed two guests each.

They made invitations, received RSVPs, created a detailed itinerary of events and lovingly prepared food. I left them mostly to their own devices while I sewed upstairs and enjoyed hearing their squeals of happy chaos.



A few weeks ago I took the kids to the zoo with my friend Emily and her son Eric. It was so fun but an expensive day. I am grateful for those sorts of adventures but I am equally grateful for adventure days at home for relatively little cost and just as much if not more joy.

No comments: