Saturday, June 18, 2022

Matthew Takes the Kids Fishing and Serves Me in the Process

 Dude got a fishing pole for Christmas and has been itching to use it. Matthew took him last week but was game for going again this morning. I was going to be gone all afternoon and evening and was having a major pity party for myself in being called away for so much of my Saturday I traditionally spend with my family. 

After throwing a huge temper tantrum about all the hours my calling requires of me, I finally came to the idea that I have been relying too much on myself with this calling and that I needed to turn to my Savior and let Him and His Atonement make me enough for this calling. Suddenly, my mantra became, "I can with Jesus." I put a scripture as my lock screen, "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength" - Philippians 4:13. It was the mantra and scripture I needed to get me through the day and I ended up having a lovely time with the youth.

But back to the fishing trip. Matthew was getting ready to go and asked if I wanted to join them. I kind of think his invitation was inspired because it was just what I sorely needed to help me enjoy the rest of the day. 


Look at that cute man. Oh how I love his goodness.

P.S. We caught nothing, but managed to have fun casting, reeling, getting stuck on branches, and eating snacks.

No comments: