Friday, July 1, 2022

Young Women's Camp 2022


I haven't been to girls camp in a lot of years and after a really busy June I wasn't ready to be away from my family for 4 days. On Tuesday morning, the first day of camp, I read in my scripture study, the story of the widow that is asked to sacrifice to feed Elijah and then is blessed for that sacrifice. I'm pretty sure that was not a coincidental thing to study that day. I needed that principle to keep my heart focused on what I was being asked to do here at camp - support, love, and keep the young women safe.

Just like the woman I was asked to sacrifice for others and just like the woman I was blessed as a result. I loved feeling the love my Heavenly Parents poured into me to give to the young women in my cabin. I loved making and renewing friendships with women I don't get to see very often. I loved witnessing how introverted women and extroverted women all bonded with the young women in special ways. There is not one ideal form of a Young Women's leader so long as there is charity. It was beautiful to see that in action this week.

It was also beautiful to come home Friday night to the poster my sweet daughter.



No comments: