Monday, July 11, 2022

Tooth Fairy

Luca lost a tooth. She has notoriously misplaced her fallen teeth and had to write notes to the tooth fairy apologizing and praying for mercy so she has gotten better about keeping track of them. This one she put in a bag and taped it to her wall. 

The problem was, I didn't know she had taped it to her wall, so after searching for what seemed like forever under her pillow and around her night stand I gave up and just left a dollar under her pillow. The next morning Luca was so happy that the tooth fairy had gotten her note and now she was getting a stuffie.

I had no idea what this meant. I didn't know she had written a note and at that point I still didn't know she had taped it to the wall. I asked if she had found the money under her pillow. "No." She didn't see any money in the bag taped to her wall so she took that as a sign. She didn't even think to look under her pillow. After a gentle suggestion, she looked and came back, maybe a little crestfallen but happy with her dollar all the same.

While she was out playing, I finally found the note. It's double-sided.


It says, "Dear tooth fairy, If you could get me a stuffie that'd be nice. I'm willing to wait. If not, that's alright. If there's no money in the bag I'll know. Love Luca"

Poor girl; especially since she would have gotten a dollar regardless if I had actually seen the note previous to leaving the money.

No comments: