Friday, August 26, 2022

Luca has Another Birthday

Today is my darling Luca's birthday. She only asked for stuffies, so from her family and grandparents, that's what she got. So many stuffies that brought such joy to her heart and yet she is not satisfied and longs for more. Oh goodness, that child. After breakfast of Danishes and opening family presents she and Dude went off to watch a movie. I thought I would have a few minutes to prep for the party, but they really wanted me to watch with them. I honestly felt touched that they insisted.

So many presents

All of Luca's presents from her family (including grandparents)

Luca's cumulative stuffie collection

Thankfully, even with the down-time with my babes I still had time to get everything ready; especially because I delegated tasks to the kids and to Matthew. The party went well. The kids enjoyed their make-your-own pizzas, they enjoyed being together, and I think all of us enjoyed when it was time to send the girls home. Luca LOVES her social time, but like me, also likes her alone time.

After everyone left, we did a little bit of tidying up and then played a game as a family before Luca had to go off to her activity days pool party and then on to dinner - sushi. The kids were allowed to watch another movie in their room after bedtime, capping off a great birthday for our girl.

Happy Birthday sweet girl. I've always loved her loving heart but I'm also loving watching her find her voice to stand up for herself and others. I love that she has started coming to me with her concerns. I love that she is such a good influence to us, how brave she is to remind us to pray when we go out to eat, explain prayer to her friends, or to invite them to church activities. I love her diligence in reading her scriptures every night along with doing her homework workbook she got to complete over the course of the summer. I love her and the special relationship he has cultivated with each member of our family.

What a beautiful daughter I have.

No comments: