Tuesday, February 28, 2023

My Sister's Trip to Cancun

My sister Nichole has been trying to get us as sisters together for several years now, preferably to go to Cancun. She loves going with her family and she wanted to us to join her. After the cruise last year that forced us to get passports, no one had an excuse any longer so we saved our pennies, made the arrangements with our jobs and families, and bought our tickets.

Honestly, I was nervous. I haven't been away from my family for a full week, I was a little frightened to travel to Mexico, and my sisters and I have big personalities, what if  . . .  Matthew calmed my heart and was so supportive of me having this time away. I was really grateful for his sweet encouragement. By the day we were to leave, I was ready. I had my list, I did all my packing, making sure everything went in my suitcase, and by the time Melissa came to pick me up to take us to our hotel the night before our very early flight, I was even excited.

The next morning, we left bright and early. By the time we got to Phoenix our cell phones were packed with messages about school cancellations due to snow. We were so grateful for not having to drive up from Salem that morning or we probably would have missed our flight. With that news behind us we were even more pumped to be ditching the cold for the beaches and sunshine.

Look at those enthusiastic faces! P.S. I had a middle seat for each of the four flights roundtrip I took.

After a lot of hours on planes and another three getting out of the Cancun airport and to our hotel, this is what we got to call home for a week. Yeah, it's pretty magical.

To some people it was obvious we were sisters, and to others they didn't see it. But these are the women that defined my childhood. I am grateful for each of their sacrifices they made to be together on an adventure together.

Our itinerary:

  • Tuesday - Travel
  • Wednesday - Rest
  • Thursday - Mayan ruin tours
  • Friday - Rest
  • Saturday - Xplor adventure park
  • Sunday - Church and rest
  • Monday - Isla Mujeres
  • Tuesday - Travel

No comments: