Saturday, December 30, 2023

December Sewing Projects

I promised to make a dear friend a quilt. We took a long time looking for just the right fabric and the right pattern. I fudged on the pattern and found some different background color than I was anticipating. I loved it until I hated it and didn't want to continue. I finished because I knew I had to eventually and then loved it all over again. Quilting is funny. Thankfully she loved it as much as I did.


And then it was Christmas break and we had a lot of time together, and I decided to make use of a bunch of scraps I've been holding on to for years and years.

This one I put together in a pleasing way, but then I didn't know what to do with it. Facebook to the rescue, and a friend (incidentally the one from above) said her daughter wanted it for her dolls. Love it.

While I was buying the orange fabric featured above, I saw this adorable charm pack and bought it on a whim. I've been wanting a cute little mat upon which to put my laptop on my desk. This is perfect.

More fabric I've had since the kids were babies. I finally pulled out all the miscellaneous pieces and came up with these interesting blocks. This is probably my favorite random something I made. I especially love that when I asked how I should quilt it, Luca suggested circles so that's what I did. One large spiral that was surprisingly really fun to do. And now it is my new Christmas table topper.

No comments: