Friday, March 20, 2009

Guilty Pleasures

I turned on my iPod the other day, to listen to music while I sew, and just hit play. No fussing over one specific artist or podcast. Just play. What started was Air Supply's greatest hits album. Before I could even make it over to my sewing machine I was rocking out, singing every word (because who doesn't know every word to every Air Supply song - they're like the Wilson Phillips that way), and dancing in my private apartment stomp (do you remember those Melissa and Aubrey?). I couldn't help but laugh to myself about how silly it is to rock out to Air Supply (no offense Graham and Russell). How uncool is that? So I started thinking about what other guilty pleasures I have.

I thought about it for a couple of days and could only think of one other -wearing my PJs and bath robe for the better part of the morning instead of getting dressed like real people. Yeah, that's it. I felt so ashamed that those are more or less my only guilty pleasures. I guess I could name some others but they're even more lame than those already mentioned so we'll leave it at those two.

I imagined this great post about the random uncool things I do and could only come up with two. Sorry about that. So what I'm hoping is that you all fess up about what your guilty pleasures are. Come on, I know you have them. Hopefully they're not as dorky as bathrobes until noon.

6 comments:

Michael Asay said...

Hmm, I thought it would have been impossible to "rock out" to Air Supply, (I also have a couple of their songs on my Zune, mind you) but you've clearly proved me wrong.

I'd put "playing video games" on my list, although I don't play them that often, and it is almost always with my kids playing with me.

This morning I enjoyed blocking a shot attempt by a woman that was playing in our pickup basketball game. I couldn't just let her take an unobstructed shot.

Adamo said...

"I'm all out of love; I'm so lost without you." Besides 80s rock mine and Claudia's guilty pleasure is a TV show called Veronica Mars.

Emily said...

My guilty pleasures have to do with food. Enough said as I just ate almost a whole tube of Ritz crackers with cream cheese, swiss cheese, and sundried tomatoes. Yummy!:)

Claudia said...

Okay, so I don't necessarily stay in my jams and robe till noon. I force myself to at least get in the shower so that by the time Adam comes home for lunch at noon, I don't look like I've been in my jammies all day. But there are days when I don't get into the shower until 11:30, so I can BARELY count it as not staying in my jammies till noon. Since Claire, I guiltily snuggle and nap with her in bed until said shower. So while you are up and about, I am literally still in bed unless I got to bed really early the night before (doesn't happen often), or if I have a reason to get up and going (i.e. somewhere to be).

The StaceNeedle said...

I LOVE to sing while I run on the treadmill. I only mouth the words (because I'm basically sucking air) but I get really into it. I just look straight forward and assume everone else is too into their work out to notice my my jaw movements aren't just heavy breathing. And BTW...it took me 3 seconds to think of that one and 5 others. I'm afraid I may be the polar opposite of you and your 2 quirks! :)

Brian and Melissa Finley said...

Of course I remember apartment stomps!! They were some of the best times of our college career. Although our karaoke party was totally awesome!! And just for the record, Air Supply will always remind me of you...didn't you have it on your freshman dorm room message machine?
As for my guilty pleasures, I'll have to go along with Emily, most of mine go along with food also. Unfortunately, I feel I'm entitled to way to many of these guilty pleasures; hence the extra weight I just 'can't seem to lose'----go figure!