Saturday, February 6, 2010

Moving

Since last writing, Matthew and I have decided the best course of action is to move back to Portland. The temporary job market (especially for attorneys) is practically non-existent, meanwhile, with all the connections Matt had to make looking for a job, we feel he has a better chance of finding something worthwhile to do with his time there. And since we'll only be there a few months, we figured moving in with the parents made the most sense.
My mom is so funny. She tried to sound so nonchalant when I brought it up, but has since been calling to make sure we're still moving and to give updates on her progress in getting everything all ready for us. I love her!!
So in a few short weeks we'll move everything to a storage unit and say goodbye to our beloved Wenatchka.
It seems odd to me that for the last few years I haven't been able to stay anywhere longer than about 20 months. I always figured my military-brat days were over when I got married. I thought Matt would settle me down somewhere. I guess not. In fact, military life was never this hectic. At least growing up we stayed somewhere for 3 years. Though for the adventurer in me, I wouldn't trade it for anything!
Matt's still in the process of interviewing and hearing from schools, but when we know, I'll let you know as well. Thanks everyone for being so supportive and for being excited to see me when I call and say I'm coming to town!!

3 comments:

Claudia said...

I was just thinking of you guys this morning, wondering how Matt's interview went. Hope it's all good!

ME said...

I can't wait for you to return to the promised land(Oregon not necessarily Sherwood).

*julie* said...

Oh man! Every time we drive to the NW I always wonder when we'll be able to sneak in a visit to you and the Wenatch! Well, I suppose now there's a better chance of at least getting to see YOU when we're up there, if not Wenatchee. Although you'll likely be off again before we make it back up that way. But thanks for keeping us posted!