Thursday, December 2, 2010

Hey Kevin

Did I tell you that I finally got around to working on your quilt? I put it on a quilt frame so I could make sure all the layers are nice an tight. No one wants a lumpy quilt. Did I tell you the frame takes up the entire room. I basically have to crawl around underneath to get to the different sides. It's a good thing I don't have bending problems.

Did I tell you you are going to be so happy with this quilt when it's done? I am so excited for you to get it back so you can start your own blog to rave over how beautiful it is.


Did I tell you I'm trying out this new technique of basting the quilt instead of pinning it. I think the finished product will be nicer this way. Do you like the tape? It's supposed to say "Top."


So that's where I'm at so far. Tomorrow will have more progress.


For those of my four readers who just may be wondering who this Kevin character is - Kevin is a co-worker of mine from my PwC Boston days and perhaps the only co-worker I've ever really kept in any sort of contact with. I've gone to Toronto, Puerto Rico and Florida with this guy. He badgered me into getting highlights, took me to a Tori Amos concert, and walked around Old San Juan rotating his arms so he could get a good tan on both sides. I love this kid. He also happens to be my most loyal reader. So when he asked me to refinish his quilt and then blog about it, I of course said I would. So Kevin, not remotely a threat to my husband, here is a blog post about the progress on your quilt!! Are you smiling?

8 comments:

Kevin said...

Seriously excited (and totally embarassed)! It looks great. I'm glad you're having fun with it... and yes, I'm definitely smiling. Don't forget to tell folks about Christie and I bringing you to the mall in Boca. That is another blog posting in and of itself! (Complete with pictures)!

Lisa said...

This is Kevin's sister Lisa. You are doing a great job but I think he is going to need a bigger bed!

Deanna said...

ROFL - Sara - you are awesome! LOL - that's really all I have to say - but you should know I read your blog pretty much every week. :)

ME said...

Do you think you could finish Michael's 2009 Father's Day quilt. I have the top mostly finished. Maybe you could work on it some while you're in town around Christmas. You could always watch Harry Potter while you work on it. I have the movies.

Michael Asay said...

Before I saw Meg's comment, I was going to ask you help or inspire her to finish a quilt she started like five years ago.

Anonymous said...

Sara
Looks like you are staying so busy doing so many great things. Your quilts are lovely.
Did you do anything for Make A Difference Day this year?
Just thinking about you.
Love, Laurel

esther robbins said...

sara;i tried to comment last week buuuuut,not being compt. savy;it didn't go through!!!! I have a picture of someone that looks just like you and your husband sitting on my bookcase ! I'm soooo glad you are "tieing" Kevin's quilt.the shirt fabric worked so well as it does't fade or wrinkle PLUS every time he sees a block he can remember great times(I hope) and great memories! I think ties would be an idea for the next quilt.Kevin also made awesome bears and pound puppies! I loved to sew but never made a quilt(I did however buy the fabric!!You have a God given talent .Not everyone has the patience with such projects or the understanding of the precise steps of projects.Don't forget to enjoy this blessed time of year.Happy Holidays. God Bless;Kevin's Mom

Brian and Melissa Finley said...

beautiful Sara! You can make me a quilt ANY time :)