Sunday, May 8, 2011

Two Ports Open for In-Coming Ships

I am excited, nervous, impatient, hopeful, and curious to see how this week goes. Two major things are going on in our lives.

1. Matthew might actually get an internship this week!!! When Matt was in law school, clerkships were difficult to come by. Matt worked one summer for his attorney grandfather and worked one summer for the company where I was then working. When he was done with law school, he thankfully had a job, but it was by no means a dream job or even a long-term job. It was basically the only thing available after many months of searching. So when Matt started his MBA, he was determined that this experience would be different. He threw himself into doing anything he could to get a good internship that would hopefully lead to a great job. After so many months of searching and working and praying, it was getting kind of frustrating, as noted in my earlier post. But this past week, the windows of heaven opened and he began getting offers. Maybe not offers from big-named "glamorous" companies, but exciting offers that don't leave Matt feeling stuck or desperate. We still don't have many details and he is still waiting on one more company to make up their mind, but the Lord has been very good to us and we are extremely grateful and humbled to see His hand in our lives.

2. Again, like I said in my earlier post, this week I will have surgery that will hopefully help me both with painful menstrual cycles as well as with getting my innards cleaned out and ready for babies. A year ago I felt impressed that there were indeed children meant for our family and that they were ready to come. A little while after that initial impression I was diagnosed with fairly significant hypothyroidism. Hypothyroidism doesn't always result in infertility, but with the extremely low levels of thyroid my body was producing, multiple doctors have expressed their surprise that I wasn't in a coma, let alone able to conceive. So onto medication I went, hopeful that this might help me get my body ready for children. Many months went by and I had what I thought was a ovarian cyst rupture. I called and made a DR appointment to get it checked out and prayed that if something needed to happen to get my body ready that it would be obvious to the DR. Two DRs appointments later it was determined that I have multiple cysts on either ovaries and a fibroid wrapped in a polyp hanging out in my uterus. So with that I was signed up for surgery. Surely, I thought, this is an answer to my prayer. My body is being prepped and with faith and even more prayers, hopefully a ship will come into port for me as well as for my husband.

Wow, so much anticipation and excitement!

4 comments:

Adamo said...

I hope everything goes well! You are in my prayers!

Adamo said...

Sorry, this is Claudia here...

Mandy said...

Sara, I'm thinking about you and praying for you this week. Hope all goes well. Keep us posted!

ME said...

You have been in my thoughts and prayers multiple times this week. Hope your ships come in.