Saturday, October 6, 2012

Sleep Training

Isn't that such a sad face? And can you see the scratches on that head? It doesn't seem to matter how closely his nails get clipped and/or filed, they still manage to be razor sharp. In the last few weeks I have decided that enough is enough and I need some semblance of sleep back. So I have recently started trying to "sleep train" my son, which really just means ignoring his calls for food and attention at unmentionable hours of the morning. It seems to be working, but he still manages to do some damage to himself while wearing himself out and falling back asleep. Poor child. I feel like such a child abuser.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I would just give mine 5 minutes of crying before I went in to get him. And then 6. And then more. And now he goes down without a fuss, and sleeps through the night. Hallelujah!

(It probably also helps that I feed him oatmeal before bed.)