Saturday, May 11, 2013

Smoothie Time

As I was feeding the Wee Boy a PB&J sandwich the other day a friend of mine asked at what point I introduced him to peanuts. Um, yeah, I have been really bad about waiting a year until introducing my child to some of my favorite things, i.e. all things food. Thankfully he hasn't broken out in any allergic reactions because this child has had all things from spiced up chicken tikka masala to pickles (which he loves) to all the common allergy foods; eggs, peanut butter, bread, ice cream. 
But his new favorite food is smoothies. It's become the preferred after dinner treat. I feel like this is teaching a few valuable life lessons. 1. Sucking through a straw. Definitely going to be useful to him throughout his life. 2. Taking turns. Matthew gets his own glass, but Wee Boy and I generally share. Wee Boy takes a turn then mom takes a turn and so forth. So helpful to learn sharing now before Bitty Girl comes on the scene. Because as we all know, "Sharing means caring!". A side benefit to sharing is also the reduced occurrence of brain freezes.
I feel like these pictures show his "all business" side along with his "yea for smoothies" side.

And then there's the sad face which quickly devolves into crying face when my turn is taking a little longer than anticipated or because I am too busy taking his picture to give the smoothie back to him.

But once said smoothie is returned, all is again right with the world. 
Happy Summering everyone!!

No comments: