Friday, March 28, 2014

Nichole gets Married



My beautiful sister got married!! To me she is hope and faithfulness personified as she virtuously waited upon the Lord and His timing. She didn't settle nor did she sit and wait for life to happen. I am so proud to be able to call her my sister and marvel at the large number of men, women and especially children she has loved and served through the years. She is truly a blessing and her husband Lloyd is her perfect match. I couldn't be more ecstatic for her. The whole evening before, morning of and afternoon after I wanted to jump, squeal, and shout for joy that "our" girl was getting married. It was all I could do to contain my excitement and stay as reverent as possible in the temple.

It made me think of when I got pregnant with the Wee Boy and so many people who had known of my challenges with infertility shed tears of joy on my behalf. I felt so overwhelmed at the love of dear friends and family knowing they had prayed and sometimes fasted for me. And now Nichole was getting her moment to bask in that overwhelming love and support. But this is about her not me.

I love my darling sister and wish her every joy in this new chapter of her life. I am positive she will approach it with as much thoughtfulness, faith and love as she does everything else. Wahoo!!

 


Special note - Phillip was in the hospital for Nichole's wedding but we were able to stop by the hospital on the way to the reception and get some pictures with him. 

1 comment:

Skip and Emma Booren said...

Sara,

I couldn't agree more with you, but then I am a bit biased about all of my beautiful and wonderful daughters. I have been incredibly blessed.