Sunday, January 7, 2018

2018 Goals

I am a goal girl. Some people hate them, I LOVE them. Our family goals for 2017 are as follows:
  • Sara
    • Pay off student loans. Completed. I am so glad we made this a priority. With a very loving Heavenly Father's help we accomplished this in November. We probably should have waited until November, since it meant we were pretty poor in December, but I just couldn't wait a second longer.
    • Perform 10 temple ordinances for deceased ancestors. Completed. What a wonderful opportunity I had to jump start my way into family history. I'm not sure my temple experience was super heightened doing my own names, but I did feel an extra measure of love for my family as I saw names of nieces, nephews, brothers, sisters, and parents as editors on our ancestors.
    • Run 10 miles (at one time). Completed!! So happy with the progress I made with running this last year.
    • Learn how to play all the games I own. Not done. I did make a lot of progress in this area, but there were a few games that just didn't get mastered. But . .. we got a few more games for Christmas and we did learn to play them. So, at least I'm not adding more to my list.
    • Read the Church History Student Manual. Completed. I am not so naive to think that this book is an unbiased representation of the history of my Church, but it was a worthwhile exercise for my testimony all the same. I love both the Gospel of Jesus Christ and the organization of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. There is so much goodness and light and I am so grateful to be a part of it.

This year, I'll be honest, goals were not so readily evident. We both fasted and prayed over what we should be focusing our energy on, but heaven felt a little silent. Even still I have a few things I want to work on this new year.
  • Sara
    • Run 3 miles in under 30 minutes. So far, my absolute fastest is about 31.5 minutes. But more recently I am averaging a very slow 35 minutes. With luck I can pick up the pace again sometime this year.
    • Watch or listen to at least 4 Great Courses. Expand my mind.
    • Find a new house on which both Matthew and I can agree.
So that's it. A brief analysis on the results of our previous year's goals as well as an introduction of this year's goals. With luck we can make this a productive and fun year.

No comments: