Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Sickie Mama

Every year, I get one really bad cold. A cold that just really knocks my socks off and makes me wonder if living is truly worth it. This year, that cold started a week ago. Wednesday and Thursday I could barely get out of bed I had so little energy. Friday through Tuesday were only marginally better. I still had no energy to do much of anything, but at least I could make it out of my room and to the couch. I'm exaggerating, but not by much. Today I have finally started allowing myself to hope that I won't be leaving my children motherless sometime soon and I feel the need to thank three very kind people for their sweet acts of service.

1. My sister who answered my text and graciously went to Costco to get the kids and I chicken noodle soup so we wouldn't have to eat bagels for dinner for the second night in a row. I should note that Matthew has been out of town since Sunday or else he would have masterfully stepped up.

2. My husband who sweetly took both kids to church by himself so I could fall asleep on the couch while reasonably trying to gain some spiritual uplift from a BYU devotional I found on YouTube. Sorry President Nelson. It wasn't you, it was me.

3. And really the star of the sickie support show is my 4-year old daughter Cheeks. This very active and social little girl has played by herself or watched countless shows for the last week so her mama could rest. I played a game with Boy Howdy after dinner the other night. When she asked that I play a game with her too, I had reached my limit and needed to rest. I asked if she wouldn't mind if I laid down instead. She so graciously, and not remotely sorry for herself said of course and proceeded to play happily with her brother. This has been her MO for the last 7 days. She has been so selfless; I could not be more thankful for her ever. She has been my tender mercy. Thank you baby girl.

No comments: