Wednesday, September 4, 2019

First Day of School - 2019


We had an immensely successful first day of school this morning. Boy Howdy who was not remotely excited last year, was up and dressed before I even had a chance to ask him this year (I think mostly because he wanted to put on his new lego shirt). He even made himself a 2nd grade sign to hold up for his picture, but I wouldn't let him hold it, as the writing is extremely faint and I wasn't cool enough to have my own signs for them to hold. So instead they held up their cute little fingers signifying that Boy Howdy is now a 2nd grader and Chewkie is in 1st.

I still managed to get choked up as I walked them into school; as I was both excited and anxious for the adventures they'll experience this year.

Today was also my first day back at Seminary teaching 22 seniors this year. I still felt awkward standing in front of this new group, but at least I wasn't as bad as I was last year.

When I got them off the bus that afternoon they were both smiles and excitement!

Here's hoping we all have memorable experiences this new school year.

No comments: