Tuesday, September 3, 2019

Summer 2019 Recap

With summer drawing to a close I thought I should recap all the fun we had over the last few months. It's interesting that every summer manages to be different than I originally plan. This year I thought we would hike and pick fruit, go to parks, and the beach. We did got to the beach, but only once with friends. We did go to parks, but only a small handful of times. Not the 10 times I had anticipated. I picked fruit, but this year the kids just weren't interested in going more than once. So what did we do?

We had gloriously lazy days mixed with super fun days going to the Zoo, the Gilbert House, OMSI, the Enchanted Forest, Family Reunion in San Diego, and the Coast as a family. We did two weeks of swim camp, enjoyed play dates, and went grocery shopping. We went out to lunch, to the movies, and had PJ-all-day days.

I have loved our summer break. I have loved sleeping in and cuddling while watching shows in my bed until 9:30 or 10:00 am. I have loved having complete autonomy over our days and not having to get out of the door with lunches made and backpacks on by 8:30.

I wasn't sure I was ready for it all to end until last week when I just wanted to run errands by myself. All of a sudden, I was ready for all of it. Waking up at 5:30 for seminary, making lunches, preparing lessons, walking to the bus stop. Sometimes when I see posts about parents crying the day before school or birthdays I think maybe if I were a better mom I would do that too. . . . But that day has not arrived. Here's to schedules!

No comments: