Thursday, October 31, 2019

Halloween 2019 (Magician and Snow White)

This year, with my girl's trip at the end of October, we didn't get to carve pumpkins until the day before Halloween. Sadly, Matthew had to leave for a work trip just as I came back so he wasn't able to celebrate with us this year.

 I was so proud of the kids. They cleaned, designed and carved their pumpkins all by themselves.


Aah Halloween. I'm pretty sure this holiday ranks in equal importance with Christmas in the hearts and minds of my children. Doodah woke up this morning before I even left for seminary he was that excited to start the day. Thankfully they had harvest parties to look forward to at school or else I am positive they would have never made it through the day.

When they got home they were incredibly amenable to do anything I needed them to do to enable Trick or Treating to come faster. Chewkie let me put make up on her. Doodah  made up a sign for our candy cauldron.
Trick or treating was so much fun with these kids. We met up with some friends and went to every house possible between 6 and 8:30. They didn't have school the next day (thank you Salem-Keizer School District for making the best calendaring decision possible) so I let them stay out longer than normal. Doodah opted to wear his church shoes to be a better magician. He looked pretty good, but by 7:45ish, he kept wanting to sit and sort his candy. He kept shouting, "Oh my poor feet!!" when I urged him to keep going. We were back inside by 8:30. Our cauldron candy was gone but they had pounds of candy of their own.

We sure do love Halloween.

No comments: