Monday, June 22, 2020

Matthew's Birthday 2020

 



For Matthew's birthday this year we left the kids with my parents and did the entire Silver Falls loop trail. It's roughly 8 miles of nature walk and A LOT of waterfalls to walk past. The goal was to get a picture in front of all of them, but for the sake of the blog I opted to just post one.

This year, for the first time in at least a decade Matthew asked for something other than funfetti cupcakes. This year it was cherry-chocolate-chip blondies. And finally, this year he got his long hoped for Bugatti Lego Technic 1:8 model car. Just looking at the box brings him joy. So glad I finally pulled off a gift he loves but took him completely by surprise. Just sad it didn't get here on his birthday but a few days later. Stupid Lego and covid shipping delays.

I am so grateful for this man. Steadfastness is this man's defining trait and with my tendency to go big and then go home I am grateful for this man's diligence in creating a wonderful life dedicated to Heavenly Father and his family.

No comments: