Saturday, August 15, 2020

14th Anniversary Trip


 I love being with my husband. We drove to Skamania Lodge in Washington where we spent a few days with Jared and Charlotte for a fun anniversary trip.

Friday we had an amazing time rafting down the White Salmon river. Matthew hasn't loved rafting in the past, I think mostly due to fear of losing his glasses; but since he's had LASIK he was totally game. Matthew and I started in the back but then Jared switched it up and put Matthew up front. I haven't seen Matthew grin that big for that long, maybe the whole time I've known him. Getting splashed only seemed to make him grin harder. It was awesome. So thankful Jared invited us on his adventure.

Saturday we went on a grueling 7+ mile hike straight up a mountain. I was definitely not one of the happiest campers but it was still a fun adventure we'll be able to laugh about for years to come. One of my favorite moments was when Jared insisted we trade socks in an attempt to stem the formation of a bad blister on my heel. They were both sweaty, it was weird, and I'm not sure it actually helped but it was a sweet reminder of the goodness of my brother. Another reminder of the goodness of my sweet husband was him hanging out with me at the penultimate summit when I had reached my max. Oh how I love these wonderful men in my life. I'm also glad I did the hike but I never want to do it again.

By the time we got home I was totally ready to see my sweet children. So thankful for my marriage and the joy it has brought into my life.

No comments: