Saturday, October 17, 2020

Heron House


Last month, with the smoke wreaking havoc on our air quality, I was in a desperate emotional state. After crying for sometime, I prayed for relief and got the answer to plan a girls' weekend at the coast. With Matthew's enthusiastic support I texted a few ladies and asked if they would be willing to join me. 

Fast forward to this weekend. After a lot of searching for just the perfect location we found it. This lovely house on the end of the road looking out over the Siletz River that feeds into the Pacific Ocean. Everything about this house and it's location whispered peace. 

There was brief talk of going for a hike or shopping since the weather was so lovely, but it all got drowned out by the desire to just sit, look at the river, and chat. We talked about a whole host of subjects, all of which were so uplifting. Each woman expressed their gratitude for my planning this and I expressed gratitude to my Heavenly Father for giving me the inspiration in a very sad and desperate moment to plan something that would be so beneficial to all of us.

No comments: