Saturday, September 4, 2021

Luca gets Baptized




Luca chose to be baptized today and everything went so smoothly. Luca and I went over an hour early to cut up the fruit for the fruit cups she wanted to be served. We had just enough time to get that all arranged, her into her sweet jumpsuit and the baptism to start. I did end up needing to go home to get some last minute items so I am especially grateful we live so close to the church. 

I think it was a memorable experience for her. She was so excited and just kept saying she was happy and light and woozy (which I took to mean overwhelmed with the Spirit?) and warm (like the big warm hug Grandma talked about in her Holy Ghost talk). 

I was especially happy to cuddle with her at bedtime to relive the day and talk about how she felt and what she remembers. In her baptism interview with the bishop a few weeks before she claimed that she was getting baptized because most of her cousins had so she might as well. I'm not quite sure why she gave that answer because this girl has been looking forward to having the gift of the Holy Ghost and takes that companionship very seriously. 

I am so proud of her desire to have a relationship with her Heavenly Father and I look forward to seeing the young woman she becomes as she continues on her path of discipleship.

No comments: