Monday, October 31, 2022

Lake Tahoe College Roommate Trip

 


Do you remember how I mentioned in my last post about my roommate trip that whenever I get together with this group of women, I seem to revert back to my 20 year-old neurotic self? Do you remember how I confessed my insecurities to them as I realized that I don't have to prove myself to them for them to love me just as they have nothing to prove to me? Before I went down to beautiful Lake Tahoe to spend the weekend with them, I prayed hard that I wouldn't let myself get pulled back into those old crazy thoughts. My prayers were answered and instead of not feeling enough and looking for evidence to back it up, I lived in the assurance that just as they are enough for me, I am enough for them. I didn't try so hard and just relaxed into the love we all felt for each other.

This isn't everyone, but this is the picture I like the best of just my roommates who mean so much to me. I am so grateful for their goodness, their realness, and their love, Now going on 25 years. Holy smokes.

No comments: