Saturday, August 26, 2023

She's Double Digits

She's a Tenner!

That sweet, cute girl is now a ten year old. This year for her birthday she wanted to go to Aumsville Pond with a couple of friends. They couldn't make her birthday so we planned her party for a couple days before. Their cousin C happened to be staying with us for a few days so he joined the fun. Deluxe picnic lunches and swimming for five at one of her favorite places on earth. She had a great day and was a lovely host.

That Friday we celebrated her actual birthday quietly at home. She woke up eager to open presents and have a yummy breakfast. I made sure she knew she could pick whatever activity she wanted all day long. So we started with bracelet and earring making with her new bead kit and cuddled while we watched a movie. After that, I offered a few more suggestions and she chose some alone time. I love that. I love that she felt comfortable spending her birthday anyway she chose, and part of that was all by herself enjoying her gifts and time outside in the sunshine.

I love this girl of mine. I love that she is learning to advocate for herself. I love that she has a tender heart but she is also starting to set boundaries with her friends and communicate her desires. I love that she enjoys dressing up in costumes and putting on bizarre makeup. I love that she wants to be involved in the Choose To Include program at school this year that allows her opportunities to hang out with the kids with disabilities. I love that the neighborhood kids look up to her. I love that she wants to be good and has a desire to finish the Book of Mormon by the end of the year. She is such a great girl and I feel so honored that I get to call her mine for eternity.

No comments: