Monday, September 4, 2023

State Fair

Luca has been asking about the State Fair for the last few months. Could we go again? She pleaded. With so much we didn't get to do as a family this summer since I worked a lot, I couldn't refuse my daughter one last adventure before school started. We invited my dad, got some free tickets from a friend and headed over for the last day of the fair. We bought a bunch of rides and Matthew, my dad, and I watched with entertainment as the kids did a few rides by themselves. One ride, Dude looked like he was bored most of the time, but when he got off, he exclaimed it was super fun. We ate funnel cakes, looked at the quilt, photography, lego, and wood turning exhibitions. We even did the super big ferris wheel all together as a family.



By the time we left, Matthew was super done, and so were the kids. We still had a bunch of money left on our card that killed my saver self to let go to waste, but then we saw a young mom heading into the fair with her young family by herself and it did my heart good to know someone else would appreciate it. We made it home and got Dude ready for school the next morning. And now, we don't need to go back for at least another couple of years!!


No comments: