Friday, September 29, 2023

Luca's Last Jogathon

 Alert - The pictures are not great. I didn't have the time in my schedule to volunteer and Luca insisted that I was "allowed" to come support her, but I could only wave politely from afar. I know the next statement will be controversial to some, but I decided to honor my daughter's request. Mostly because I remember the torture of my freshman year track experience and how much I wished people would just ignore I existed while I lost each and every race.

So the following pictures are a bit pixelated because of my afarness.

Here's the girl child at the beginning. All smiles, all running.

Here she is a few laps in. She has not been running the whole time, but she's still giving it some solid effort from time to time.

This is somewhere near the end. Her look is just so expressive. I would say she only ran for about 25% of the time. At the end when they encourage the kids to quickly finish their lap to they can count a whole extra cool down lap, her friend, the boy in yellow, wanted to comply. Luca had no such ambition. He took off and she serenely walked the rest of her lap and called it good. I love this girl of mine. I love that no amount of cheering or monetary rewards (we paid her a little bit of money per lap she did) was going to get her to do anything she didn't want to do. And running is NOT something this chica wants to do. Good job my Luca. You made it through 6 agonizing years of Jogathons.

No comments: