Saturday, October 14, 2023

I Belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

You may know that I belong to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. It's not a perfect institution and I'm not a perfect person for belonging, but here are a few reasons (in no particular order) why I go every week, even when I travel.

1. I love learning about how Christ's Atonement is helping my church family in ways that are meaningful to them that may be different than for me.
2. I love when I get to hear the children singing songs of love and Christ and families and snowmen.
3. I love how serving in different capacities over the years has made me a better person than I would otherwise be on my own.
4. I love the meaningful relationships I have built with those I have served, served with, and been served by.
5. I love that wherever I have moved, there has always been a community of people I have come to love and adore.
6. I love the peace and guidance and joy I have found in the gospel of Jesus Christ. Because life is so so hard, but it's so much easier with Jesus.
7. I love the people who have served and loved my children through their own dedicated service in the Church.
8. I love that I know for sure that I am a changed and kinder person through my relationship with my Savior Jesus Christ, my Heavenly Parents and church family.

If you are curious about how your life could be better with Christ, I invite you to reach out and learn more. Find out when the children in your area will be taking over Sunday church services and be prepared for the cutest hour of your life. For my area, it's happening on October 29th at 9am. I sure hope you can join.

No comments: