Thursday, December 31, 2009

Families = Heaven?

These last couple of weeks have been fabulous and slightly exhausting. Last weekend my siblings, parents, and I descended upon Denver to watch the blessed union of my little brother Paul and his adorable wife Breanne. (We are so excited to have her in the family.) While there for the weekend, I got the chance to spend quality time with my siblings, visit my grandmother's grave (I've never met her but the Spirit at her grave was beautiful), and meet and socialize with a large handful of my father's family. Sitting at a table at my brother's wedding reception surrounding by so many old and new loved ones, I was struck with such love for my family, both immediate and extended.

The next day I met Matthew in Seattle where we flew on to Hawaii to spend a week with his family who lives there. More family time and more love was exchanged. As we were sitting in the airport waiting for our flight home Matthew said he got a glimpse of heaven that week. Heaven must be made up of our best family moments - where everyone is happy and loving and having fun. Looking back at the week and the weekend previous to that, I would have to agree!

2 comments:

Deanna said...

Haha -Heaven is being surrounded by all the family members I love and not having to sleep on an air mattress!!!!! :)

Dad said...

That is definitely my view of Heaven Sweetheart. I can't imagine anything better than spending eternity with my family and the Lord. Thanks again for helping me deliver Paul's stuff.
I Love You lots.