Monday, December 7, 2009

I Can't Keep it In, I've Gotta Let it Out

Yesterday I had one of those Fast Sundays you love to have. For those who may not be LDS, the first Sunday of each month, is designated as a fast day. You give up food and drink for twenty-four hours, give the money you would have paid for food to the poor, and instead devote your thoughts to drawing closer to God. Oh, and at church, instead of talks given from members of the congregation, the microphone is instead open to anyone who wishes to get up and voice their love of the Savior. I am often amazed at the trust the Bishop has in the members to pass over control like that. Thankfully, in the hundreds of fast and testimony meetings I've attended, the wackiness of testimonies has been kept to a minimum. Normally it is the best meeting of the month. So, with ants in my pants and the Spirit in my heart I jumped out of my seat as soon as I was able to share my love for the knowledge I have of my Savior and his gospel. I felt overwhelmed by the the love I had for everyone there. It was a mixture of joy and peace - I even quoted a famous Cat Stevens song - "Can't Keep it In." I felt so enthusiastic that I had to share it here. So there you have it. I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and I love it. And I love you, whoever you may be dear reader. Thanks for letting me share my joy with you.

No comments: