Thursday, September 6, 2012

New Calling

After a few months of slacking off at church, they have finally put me to use as the new . . .

WARD LIBRARIAN

I'm not sure I've ever been so excited for a calling before. Not that I've ever pined after or even thought of this calling, but now that I have it, I'm pretty sure it might be the best calling in the Church.

What do I do as Ward Librarian? I basically sign out and sign back in materials teachers might need for their classes. It's definitely reminiscent of my days as Central Supply Supervisor at BYU where I only worked the 10 or so minutes between classes and then I spent the rest of the time doing my homework or going on golf cart rides or doing endless numbers of crossword puzzles. Ah what bliss. As a side note, my older brother and younger brother also worked for this department, and now my oldest nephew, Parker, keeps the tradition alive.

But back to Ward Librarian. Yeah, I'm excited. Especially since I had a dream they called me as Cub Scout Leader. I will definitely take Ward Librarian over den mother any day - sorry little 8-year-old boys.

3 comments:

ME said...

Oh don't worry I'm sure Zachary Daniel assures that at some point in your life you'll be a den mother;)

Deanna said...

LOL - Dan will be so jealous when I tell him - he has been coveting this calling for at least the last 10 years :)

Natalie said...

Missing the golf cart and the frosties. And especially you.