Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Happy Birthday Cheeks!

My baby girlie is now a twosie. When asked, she will still claim, "I a baby," but she really isn't any more. She's talking so much, always jumping and so very silly. The Sunday before her birthday we celebrated with my sister Melissa's family as they were already coming over for lunch. Thankfully this poor little girl still doesn't know that other 2-year olds have extravagant parties because she was pretty excited to just have cake, ice cream and presents. 


Side note on her birthday cake. I figured she didn't care, so I made a black forest cake (because that's what I wanted) and did it up like I saw on pinterest. It was all going so beautifully until I added the whipped cream (which I added pink tinting to to make it more girlie but just ended up looking kind of horrific) which proceeded to melt and drip all over the cake. It was fairly grotesque and Boy Howdy went to the refrigerator at least every 5 or 10 minutes to comment on the state of the cake and try to get a finger-full until I pried him away. It looked pretty awful but it still tasted wonderful. Or I should say, it tasted wonderful on Sunday, by Tuesday; when I fed her leftover birthday cake for breakfast, it was slightly less so. 


Moving on . . . She was all smiles and excitement for her party until we sang happy birthday to her. That may have elicited some hiding under the table in fear? embarrassment? surprise? Not quite sure but she wasn't so enthused after that. She looked kind of dazed and uninterested when opening her presents. Thankfully Boy Howdy and Cousin A were there to lend a hand. Although I'm pretty sure they would have lent a hand no matter what.



A couple of days later on her actual birthday Melissa's family and the kids and I went to the Gilbert House a few minutes away from us. Not quite as cool as the children's museum in Philadelphia but definitely capable of holding it's own. Added bonus is that it is 5 MINUTES from our house!!! Cheeks loved it so much that we lost track of her at lunch and a very frantic mother finally found her (5 minutes later with the whole museum staff looking for as well) off by herself not aware that her family is NOWHERE TO BE SEEN!!!






Oh my dear sweetheart! How I love this little girl. She is so smiley and happy the vast majority of every day. She can for sure let you know when she is unhappy, but for the most part she is my little butterfly flitting from thing to thing. She almost always has scraggly, waif-like hair despite all my attempts and has a dirty face from morn until eve'n but that smile and those blue eyes win me over every time. She is independent, silly, busy, bubbly, mischievous, girlie, and she loves to pull leaves off anything growing. She is so odd and she is so mine forever and ever. Happy Birthday to my little one.

No comments: