Monday, August 26, 2019

Chewkie Turns 6

Chewkie turned 6 this year on a Sunday and since we were gone on our family vacation the week before, we opted to do her friend birthday party on the Monday after. She was most forlorn about having to postpone her birthday by one day but we had a great weekend celebrating our sweet girl. Saturday, we decorated her birthday cupcakes with help from her darling friend O and O's older brother L.


Sunday, my sister and her husband were out of town, so we invited their children over Saturday night. They went to church with us and helped celebrate Chewkie before going home. Chewkie got a new baby doll and carrier along with a suitcase of LOL dolls (which came with a ridiculous amount of packaging)
We saved the cupcakes she decorated for her birthday party and made another cake to eat on Sunday with family. I love that she was "wearing" her baby while we sang to her and she blew out her candles. I thought, this is a true mother in the making.

Monday could not come fast enough for this cutie pie. For her first friend birthday we went to Super Bounce which is a warehouse with lots of bounce houses for the kids to climb in, slide down, and jump on.

We invited lots of kids because we didn't want what happened to Doodah to happen to Chewkie, but somehow all but two were able to come which made for a big party for the girl. I'm pretty sure she was in heaven all day.

Oh how I love this little girl. Her zest for life and kindness still amazes me every day. She is so sensitive to the feelings of others and still cries when others are sad or hurt. She consistently thinks of those she loves before herself. She shares easily, brightens up every room, and she naturally draws people to her. I love listening to her pretend play, especially when she is playing by herself. I love that she is such a sharp reader and that she was reading chapter books by herself while she was still in kindergarten. I love that she constantly kisses and hugs me and wants to "cuddle" me even if she is still one of the most wiggly girls I know. I love that because of dance she is started enjoying makeup and yet she still wanders around outside barefoot digging in the dirt. I am so blessed to call her mine for eternity. I love you my sweet little girl.

No comments: