Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Last Summer Beach Trip

In an attempt to live it up this last full week before school starts, and because it is 100 degrees in Salem and a whopping 80 degrees at the coast, we drove out and enjoyed a thoroughly lovely gift of a day with plenty of friends. I think we were there for 5 hours. Other people left but I just couldn't get up the motivation to leave the absolute glory of a warm day at the Oregon Coast.

At one point, Boy Howdy asked me to come over and inspect his sand creation. I had seen him over there working hard at something, I just expected it to be a castle. I was floored and pretty amazed at his moles he had lovingly built. The two poking their little heads out of the ground as well as the other lounging in the sun soaking up some rays (complete with claws). When I told Zachary to pose next to his sculpture, he decided to become a mole as well.



I wonder when I will stop being happily surprised by this sweet boy. I constantly awe at the creativity that flows from his quick mind.  Happy Beach Day!!!

No comments: