Thursday, August 8, 2019

Love Notes

Doodah is thoughtful in his own way and I know he loves me, but his love notes make me wonder if he loves me in spite of myself - "From Zachary thanks for being a graet mom even you are mean I still love you". I couldn't help but love this note mainly because I tell the kids, "even if you are not making good choices I still love you."

Chewkie's love notes make my heart melt.
The first one she gave me a few months ago - "I love this family so much"
The second one is a little harder to decipher. She wrote it while near the end of our family reunionnand although I was trying desperately to be a good, happy mom, I found myself stressed with all the driving and parenting by myself (Matthew joined us for just a few days) and was short more often than I would have liked. She says - I epreteate (appreciate) you because youve bee acting nice kind. You ar like a dimond in the sky you shin so brite that peple are . . . I love you Your Butiful Love Adelae.

This girl is so thoughtful and kind. Just today she wrote a letter to a boy that will be in her new 1st grade class next month who is rumored to be mean. She says she is excited to meet him, will he be her friend, and she likes cupcakes and all things blue. She's also written a note to her soon to be teacher introducing herself and expressing her excitement to be in her class and learn lots of new things.

I hope she will always be this eager to radiate her love, especially to those who need a little extra.

No comments: