Tuesday, September 8, 2020

The Apocalyptic Day

 

This morning I woke up at my normal time but I was sure my clock was wrong and it was still the middle of the night. When I finally got a chance to look outside it was eerily orange, almost like we had somehow been teleported to what I think Mars must look like. 

The air quality is apocalyptic right now due to nearby forest fires and high winds pushing the smoke towards us. as a result we did not go to the beach today or any other outdoor activities. I'm trying to make this a fun week for the kids so this morning we brainstormed some ideas. We ended up deciding on driving up to Portland to get Chick-Fil-A for lunch and Krispy Kreme donuts for dessert. The air quality was great in Portland but on our way home it looked like we were driving into an orange wall. 

By 5pm it felt like 8pm and by 6 it felt like 10. If it weren't so dangerous for so many people and so awful for everyone's health it would be really cool.

No comments: