Monday, May 3, 2021

College Girlfriends


I love this group of women who have meant so much to me over the last 20+ years. I think I say it every time we get together but it's amazing how so many of my college insecurities come out with them, even all of these years later. I can be fully functional, confident 41-year old Sara at home, but around them I somehow revert back to my 20-year old self who just doesn't feel enough. 

This time, maybe because it was just the five of us I felt prompted to be vulnerable and share my insecurities being around them. I thanked them for their love and expressed what I love most about each of them. After I shared other vulnerabilities were shared and there was so much love in the room that it became a truly sacred space. When we went to dinner we all felt emotionally spent. 

It's amazing how we all feel like we were led to be together in college, through our most introverted, loving roommate. Heavenly Father knew we needed each other in college but He especially knew we would need each other so much more now. So between tears, giggling, and lots of hugs, I felt ready to be a mom, wife, and daughter of God after a very inspired weekend with these lovely ladies.

No comments: