Monday, May 31, 2021

Luca is DONE with braces

Last night, my darling Luca (no longer Chewkie) had her last night stuck in her braces. For the last 6 months these expensive pieces of specially-molded-plastic have helped heal and retrain her feet and ankles. I am in constant awe at how well she endured walking awkwardly and sleeping even more awkwardly. Her grit, patience, and pluck have left me inspired on so many occasions over the last 7 months (first month, remember she was in casts) and now she is done. She is healed. She is back to her bubbly, hoppy little self and while I will forever be grateful for the hand of the Lord that was manifest in the timing of this endeavor, I am also thankful to be done. Luca is thankful to be done. Everyone is thankful for her to be done. 

The other night, she was sleepwalking and all Matthew and I heard was the sound of clacking. I was so asleep that I had no idea what was going on. Matthew, however, knew and went and put our wandering child back to bed. No more clacking, no more hot and "rotting feet", no more accidentally stepping on and hurting others toes and no more having to pack these things when we go on vacation. Hallelujah. 
 

No comments: