Saturday, December 31, 2022

New Year's Eve Mustaches

My sister Melissa has started a new tradition in her family of making a Thanksgiving turkey pinata. I thought it would be a fun idea to buy some mustaches to put into said pinata turkey. Sadly, I forgot to bring them to the festivities. No problem, I thought, we'll bring them to our Christmas festivities at my parents. Again, they didn't make it out of my house. Thankfully, we always to NYE at our house so we finally got around to using them. 



This is Matthew and I trying to look as glamorous as possible. At one point in the evening I got asked to help out a friend. I told her I would love to help so long as she was prepared to wear a mustache and be photographed. What a good sport she is.

After New Years, we still had a lot of mustaches left over. The kids ended up wearing them to school that first week back after break and quickly became mini celebrities. I was impressed that they were able to go all day with them on and I was grateful their teachers allowed their tomfoolery for a few days until they got bored of them on their own.

No comments: