Sunday, January 11, 2009

So Much Time in Two Thousand Nine

I'm all about special catch phrases. In 2001, my catch phrase was "Catch the Vision of Sara" (complete with hand gestures) wherein some incredibly handsome guy was supposed to "catch my vision" aka fall hopelessly in love with me. So . . . didn't happen, but what can you do. Some things are just out of your control. Thankfully "so much time in two thousand nine" is so very much in my power. Thanks to everyone who gave me some good ideas. My plan for 2009 is to make the most of all this time I seem to have. It's been a lot of fun thinking and planning my adventures. Here is my current list:

The following statements are based on current expectations as of the date of this post. These
statements are forward-looking, and actual results may differ materially. The author assumes no obligation to update these statements.
(I know, that was waaaay geeky)
  • Go skiing at least once. Almost every year I get out skiing because someone talks me into going. Every time I go I inevitably hate it for one reason or another. And every time someone else tries talking me into it I think, this year is going to be different. Yep, still singing the same tune. But I've never been skiing with Matt and I've never been skiing at Mission Ridge. So maybe this year I'll actually learn to catch the skiing vision.
  • Take at least two classes. Right now I'm looking into these classes on http://www.teach12.com/, wherein, professors from notable universities record their lectures and sell them. So it's like auditing a really good class from the comfort of your own home. The first one I want to take is "Introduction to Anatomy and Human Physiology." I'm even reading my sister's college Human Physiology book to prepare myself. It could quite possibly be the first textbook I've ever actually read.
  • Travel. Right now Matt wants to make it to New England to visit the home town of his favorite guitar composer. Any chance to go back to the Boston area is great with me, so although it's not Greece, it's still travelling. And I'm still excited. Oh, and Matt wants to go to Winthrop, WA. A town, like Ye Olde Leavenworth, though instead of being alpine-inspired is Western-themed. Hey, it's still travelling.
  • Meet one new person every month. I want to focus on the cute elderly women in my ward. I'm all about meeting people with cool stories and I just know these women are gold mines.
  • Make a quilt for someone else. No idea who yet.
  • Improve my cooking skills by trying out at least 6 "fancy" recipes. You know, the ones that actually call for the odd/random ingredients.
  • Finish listening to my Learn Spanish CD's. I started them a few years ago when I was planning my adventure to South America. But when this guy laughed at my attempt, saying that native speakers don't talk like that, I lost my motivation and stopped listening to them.
  • Get up the courage to ask Crispy Bacon about his name. I'm sure you all are dying to know as well.
  • Consider writing a children's book. That's for you Kevin.
  • Consider going skinny-dipping. And darling Leslie, that's for you.

I think that's enough to get me started! Happy New Year everyone!! And thanks to everyone who's let me know they pop in from time to time. You have no idea how it warms my heart!!

3 comments:

Deanna said...

oohh, I just got a yummy recipe that you could use to expand your repertoire in the kitchen... It came from a real chef and it's YUMMMMMMMY!!!!

Emily said...

So yeah, I've told my fitness class at church about Crispy Bacon. I'm sure they would like to know about his name as well. BTW, I live 20 minutes from some of the best skiing in Oregon...you could come visit as you make your valiant attempt:) BTW, I still have never gone skiing yet.

Claudia said...

As for the skiing..have you tried cross country? I've only done it once, but it was SOOO fun--plus, it's a great workout! And going to New England...Adam and I want to go to Mass. this spring/summer to visit my grandma and so he can finally see Boston...maybe we could meet up?