Friday, May 7, 2010

I Love

A few things I love these days:

@ I love being able to connect with women who are virtual strangers to me. I love being a woman and all of the natural bonding that comes along with it.

@ I love sunny days. Thanks Oregon for having the wettest April in recent history. And thanks Oregon for reminding me what a joy warm, sunny days can be.

@ I love working part time. Sometimes I forget what a charmed life I lead to not have children and still not have to work full time.

@ I love having time in my schedule to be able to say yes to service opportunities.

@ I love my 17 and 18 year olds to whom I teach Sunday School. I love the exploration of the Old Testament we get to do together.

@ I love the book my husband recently finished. "The Adventures of Jonathan Wordsymthe"

@ I love that I have a explanation to all the joint pain, muscle pain, weight gain, and sluggishness I've been feeling for the last couple of months. Hypothyroidism. Who knew everything would be answered by one simple disorder. I love that my salvation comes in the form of a simple pill I take once a day. I also love that this said pill was free to me because my very kind doctor allowed me to use my mother's thyroid medication she had received but was no longer using. I know it sounds awful and my husband was horrified that my mother was dispensing drugs to me, but I love free drugs that make my whole body sigh with relief.

@ Finally, I love the hope I am allowing myself to feel that this pill might also be the key to my infertility issues. Turns out my thyroid is completely out of whack and may have been for multiple years without my ever knowing it.

6 comments:

Claudia said...

I hope that's the case, too!!

Molly said...

I told you I would visit and here I am. I enjoyed reading your posts and I also enjoyed hangin out at the party friday night.

I'm sending fertile thoughts your way!

PS the word verification is "dinglpype". How weird is that?

Michael Asay said...

I think Meg's had her dosage adjusted over the years . . . are you sure it is safe to take your mom's without knowing how much you really need?

Unknown said...

Hey - I am thrilled to hear you have a thyroid disorder. Not that you are sick.. but that it could be the cause of you not having children yet. Hope the pills do their magic!

Esteban Mendoza said...

Hello Sara. I just wanted to see how you were doing. We miss you here in Wenatchee!

- Esteban Mendoza (via Wyatt's computer in the GEAR UP office)

Esteban Mendoza said...

estebanmendoza93@yahoo.com