Monday, July 29, 2013

I Lost My Keys Today

Today, I made the mistake of getting my haircut, not bringing my cell phone with me, and misplacing my car keys while trying to get home. Forty-five minutes later, a zillion times up and down the strip mall, multiple teddy grahams later, the Rescue Rangers (seriously that's what the towing company is called) showed up in their towing Prius and let me back into my car. This woman, me, three weeks from my due date, climbed through my car, looking for my keys. No love. Holy Hannah, am I really an idiot? Where were they? In the Salon, they started looking through their curlers, outside some random really nice man offered to help me look through my car. And then my keys fell out of the hood of my stroller. I have no idea how they got there, I have no idea why they weren't found earlier, but I am grateful for the following:
  • The kind people in the salon who were nice to my squirmy child as I took forever to contact my insurance agency to invoke my benefits.
  • Most of the same kind people in the salon who looked through their curlers in search of my keys.
  • The very generous random guy who offered to crawl through my car for me so my large pregnant self wouldn't have to again.
  • The beautiful day that made hanging out outside actually fairly pleasant.
  • My sweet, mostly well-behaved child.
So I may be an idiot, but at least my insurance company will pay for my incompetence.

1 comment:

ME said...

You have mommy brain. You probably set them there without thinking. I remember when I was living in Beaverton I was pregnant with E and I took A with me to home depot. I put my keys in my jacket pocket, took A out of the car, got hot and flustered in the process, took off my jacket and put it in the car. Mom had a spare key and came to my rescue. Wouldn't have occurred to me to use my insurance privileges.