Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Chewkie's New Nails

Chewkie has the awful habit of biting her nails. I maintain she picked it up from one of her friends, but even so, I wanted to encourage her to stop. She had been asking for fake nails (like the Lee Press-On nails we all grew up wearing) so to give her a bit of incentive I told her when she could go two weeks without biting her nails I would buy her fake ones.

I was so proud of her resolve and her honesty as she went for weeks trying to be good, relapsing, crying, praying, making new resolutions and so on. She probably cycled for a month and a half before she earned her fake nails. Oh she was so pleased. And I was so proud of her for not giving up on herself.

They lasted through the night but didn't make it all the way home from school. Ah C'est la vie. We're still happy with our girl for kicking a bad habit.


No comments: