Monday, March 16, 2020

The Beach after Drift Creek Falls





After the hike, the Jones went home but I wasn't done with our adventure so I drove my dad and the kids into Lincoln City to the beach. The kids do so great at the beach. Chewkie ran around flitting to and fro with my dad while Doodah built really cool rock sculpture creations. I mean really legitimately cool rocks balancing precariously on other rocks. I would take a picture, thinking he was done but he kept gathering rocks to add to his rock garden. When it was time to leave he wanted to knock everything down but I convinced him that someone else might want to see it. He relented. I wonder how long it stayed up and how many people got as much awe out of it as I did. I love being constantly impressed by what his mind dreams up.

One the way home, my dad treated the kids to DQ blizzards. What a completely wonderful day.

No comments: