Sunday, March 15, 2020

Quarantine Church at Home

Because of the Coronavirus we have been asked to suspend going to church and instead hold services for our family in our own home. Needless to say Doodah was ALL OVER staying home. Together he and his sister divvied up the different responsibilities to make our home church successful.

Matthew presided as "bishop" while Doodah conducted the meeting as his counselor. He led the proceedings with aplomb, choosing prayer-givers, songs, etc. He and his sister both wrote and gave awesome talks. After we were done with the main part of our services, Chewkie led our primary singing time which would have made our ward music leader proud. I was so pleased with how seriously they took the whole experience.

We were, however, a little lax in our attire. I barely made it out of my PJs thinking if I watch General Conference in my jammies, then surely they were good enough for home church. I was shown up by my parents and niece who joined us. They had dressed up in their Sunday best.

But what we lacked in clothing, we made up for in fancy hairstyles. I let Chewkie put on some of my makeup and she for the very first time ever let me curl her hair. And then after she was done, I did mine as well. It's been a while. Yay quarantine church!

No comments: