Monday, March 30, 2020

Happy Times Marler Elementary


We found out a few days ago that the kids would not be going back to school anytime soon. We've already been doing a little bit of school work, but with no guidance from our school district we decided to make our own program, complete with a name the kids picked out. Today was our first day of official homeschool. We had science, reading, writing, and math. We did an art project and I sent the kids outside to play for "PE". There were a couple of meltdowns. Chewkie was upset when she hadn't done all of her work perfectly and Doodah was adamantly opposed to 30 minutes of post-lunch quiet time. But overall I would call it a success. I don't think I am destined for home-schooling after schools open back up. Chewkie is desperate to see friends again and Doodah would be miserable without his sister. But for now we will do our best to stay engaged and moving forward in positive educational directions.

P.S. I felt pretty proud of the paper art sign I made.

No comments: