Monday, June 28, 2021

It's SOOOO Hot


I am a true Oregonian. I may have lived all over the country but I am still an Oregon girl. I like my seasons but I like them mild. Oregon, especially Oregon in June is not supposed to contain temps in the 100's especially not those this high. I'm honestly not sure I've ever experienced these sorts of temps. It's hot. Our air conditioning units in Oregon are not rated for this sort of weather and that was obvious when my unit struggled to keep up. To go outside meant to feel like your hair was being singed off your arms. I may be a wimp but I'm okay with that.


But because we were experiencing hopefully a once-in-a-lifetime temperature spike we decided to see if we really could fry an egg. We tried Sunday and Monday since they were both supposed to be in the hundred teens. We put our frying pan directly onto the asphalt, let it warm up for a while then cracked the egg. Even after an hour both days, no love. Not even the dream of cooking.

I was told later that if we had done the experiment differently we may have been successful. Either way it was a fun way to make the most of abysmal weather.

No comments: