Tuesday, November 9, 2021

My birthday - 3 Miracles and Some Tender Mercies

I had a pretty awesome birthday.


It started off with Miracle #1 - Straight out of bed and ready for the day hair. Right after we dropped the kids off at school, Matthew and I headed to the temple. And since I can't seem to wake up before 7am, it meant that I only had 20 minutes to get ready. Thanks to Miracle #1, done.

Tender mercy - That sweet birthday present from my little girl. You might not be able to tell but she is holding a heart and we have heart-shaped lips. I got very emotional opening her present, complete with her endearing card claiming me as the best mom ever. I love my darling Luca May.

Miracle #2 - I LOVE going to the temple, but being in the temple often means me inadvertently falling asleep. I can't remember the last time I stayed awake through an entire endowment session. Today I did. I was so proud of myself and so thankful for the overwhelming love I felt from my Heavenly Father - not because of anything that I do, but just because I am His daughter.

Miracle #3 - The only two things I really wanted to do today were to attend the temple and go for a long walk. We've had so much rain this last couple of months that I wasn't sure how doable a walk was going to be. I also wasn't sure if I was going to have to go by myself. I texted some girlfriends but wasn't expecting any answer. My darling Emily jumped at the chance, saying that she had been feeling the same way (wanting an afternoon walk but not knowing if anyone would go with her). I did, she did, and we went. Six miles up and down hills. We got rained on for a few minutes at the beginning but then the rain switch got turned off and we enjoyed the rest of the time with gorgeous weather. Miracles all the way around.

Tender mercy - By the time I got home from the walk, it was just about time for the kids to return from school. I expressed my desire to shower, but Luca claimed that I didn't deserve just a shower, I deserved a luxurious bubble bath. I had zero problem agreeing with her and happily thought as I was drawing the bath that every mom deserves a Luca in their life. I watched part of a movie in utter serenity.


I finished off my birthday celebration with a yummy, healthy salad which left me room for this sweet baby - a smores cheesecake I made yesterday. It is sooooo good. I don't even mind making it, it makes me that happy. I shared a little bit with friends but I was more than happy to continue eating it over the next few days.

Thanks go to Matthew for taking the day off work to help me celebrate, my darling children who worked so diligently to craft gifts they thought I would love, dear friends and family who sent loving phone calls, texts, and gifts, and my Heavenly Father who masterminded such a completely perfect day.

No comments: